Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Watch Out--Drive on the Loose!

He did it---TYLER PROMOTED!! I know we've already discussed this several times, but I mention it again because it is that important...and I finally have the pictures from the promotion ceremony uploaded to the computer. = )

Second from the top, baby!

Each firefighter Engine Operator choses someone to pin their new metals (badge and name plate) on them.
 Fortunately for Tyler, he chose me. 

While the pinning took place, the chief (of the entire department, mind you) read a brief note written by each man as to why they chose that particular person. It was so sweet--most guys chose their wives and gave some sweet explanation of how their wives have supported them, cared for them, encourage them, etc. 

Mine, however, went in a different direction. Tyler said, and I QUOTE, "The only person that has supported me as much as my brothers at Station 3 during this study process was my wife, Lauren. And choosing who to pin my metals was easy, as she's a lot easier to look at than they are."

Thanks...I think...

His new badge. Pretty sharp, if you ask me.

Well looky there---a semi-decent family picture! You'll see that many more times, I'm sure. 

Tyler's Dad and Step-Mom Debbie

 My Mom and Dad

Even our fave newlyweds joined us to see Tyler move up the ranks.
We heart The Postany's! (And Leslie's kelly green jacket---LUV IT!)

Just in case you weren't sure what he'll be doing in his new position----DRIVING.

BUT, check out his sweet, new shades. A rock-star pair of Oakley's to keep the sun out of his eyes while he battles traffic and leads the team to a blazing fire! (You're welcome, Tyler.)


A group shot of all the deserving men!

Congrats!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats Again to our favorite fireman, uh i mean driver!!!

Mrs. Cervantes said...

A little late but CONGRATS Tyler! cool shades too.