Friday, October 19, 2012

Put a For Sale Sign on it

Today marks the first step toward a new chapter for the Maddox family....

Our house is officially on the market.

This step is a HUGE one and brings a variety of emotions. 
  • Joy to be blessed with a chance to move into a beautiful home that will be a place where we our family can continue to grow. 
  • Anxiety over all the steps involved with moving.
  • Relief that (after how many months of talking about this!) we finally got it posted for sale.
  • Anxiety over all the steps involved with moving.
  • Excitement over what's to come.
  • Anxiety over all the steps involved with moving.
  • And pretty strong, feet-dragging, "Do I have too?" "Are we sure" emotions (does anyone have a word for that feeling?) about leaving our current home.  
We lucked out more than we knew when we, as two young newlyweds, stumbled upon this neighborhood, this street, and our red brick one-story on Perkins Crossing.

We never dreamed that some of our best and dearest friends would be next door, or across the street, or down a few houses. Seriously, these ladies are some of my best friends. They've loved me, supported me, and laughed with me...and in turn, our kids (all similar in age) have done the same.

I'm blessed beyond measure.  And I'm thankful that these friendships aren't bound by proximity.

More details to come soon on this new adventure...

1 comment:

Tori Johnson said...

This is very exciting, Lauren! I know moving can be a real pain but there are so many exciting things as well. Congrats!