Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Proud Mama - Artwork on Display

I know, I know. I think very highly of my kids, and I always will, so indulge me for a moment while I show off some of my 3-year-old's artwork. I mean seriously, is he not the next Picasso?!?!

He's always been into art--writing, drawing, painting, play-doh...that kid was born to create. But lately, his squiggles and marks have developed into bonafide images. I guess he gets his artistic skills from my Grandma (a signature watercolor artist) or my aunt Cheryl (also a watercolor artist) or my mom or my dad (both of whom have some artistic capabilities).

Regardless of where it came from, we do all we can to encourage it! In fact, one of my next Pinterest-driven projects is to create a special art area for him. (Sure the kitchen table is fine for now, but as he grows, I think he'll love his own art space! Or maybe it's just an excuse for me to do another project!!)

I've labeled the images below according to what Dash has told me. Enjoy!

a transformer

a Stegosaurus (dinosaur)

Mommy
(and yes, this is hanging up in my office at work)

a fire truck
(Daddy's version is in red on top...Dash's version is the yellow one)

an ambulance and police car
(the orange images on right and mid-bottom)

Now go on---tell me honestly---is he not a genius?!?

No comments: